AHS Eq Team Athlete Equipment List
Recommend storing all your equipment with an * in a large plastic tub ($6.50 at The Grange Co-op). This helps keep the tack rooms clean and protects your stuff. Put your last name on all your equipment.
For Your Horse:
- Saddle pads
- Saddle covers (to protect your saddle)
- Hay bag
- Water bucket
- Tub/grain feeder
- Wal mart tub mentioned earlier *
- Brushes, combs, hoof pick, etc. *
- Show sheen, banding eqt. *
- Shampoo, conditioner *
- Green spot remover for white horses *
- Bucket for grooming *
- Towels for horses *
- Helmet *
- Spurs *
- Leg wraps, boots *
- Whip *
- Wheelbarrow, stall fork
- Uniform jersey, sweatshirt & team jacket.
- Coats, sweaters: You can never have enough.
- Water-proof jacket
- Pants: black for performance and regular demim for gaming. Have a few for riding and some for the dirty work.
- Shirts: 4 - 5 ea. Plus long sleeved ones for layering. White turtle-neck looks nice.
- Long johns. feece or Under Armor-style performance layers
- Plenty of underwear
- Shoes you can get wet. Muck boots.
- Gloves: show gloves and work/barn gloves
- Hair net if showing and hair ties
- Hanging garment bag to keep show clothes clean and wrinkle-free
- Backpack or duffle bag to take clothes to the fairgrounds
- Shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Safety pins
- Snacks in a box or cooler. Something you can grab and go!
- Lots of water bottles or Gatorade
- If you are staying at the hotel, bring a bathing suit. There is a hot tub you will want to use!